Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 4 July 2020

'Use what you have' PJs

During lockdown I really relished being able to create from my existing resources so although fabric shops have now opened I plan to continue with that approach.

So these are 'use what you have' PJs.

The fabric is a length of shirting fabric, pale aqua with a raised white pinstripe. I have no recollection where I got this but it has been in the fabric stash for more than 10 years. The pale aqua lace I've used as trim was similarly in a box of notions as were the ribbon used for the waist tie on the trousers and the buttons down the front of the top.

The trousers are based on New Look 6216. cropped slightly due to fabric limitations and with the pockets omitted. The top is traced off a RTW top, with lace at the neck and hem and bias bound armholes.

I'm pleased with these as they will be good as summer PJs and used some bits and pieces which have been kicking about for ages.


2 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Very nice. I love that color, one of my favorites! And they look so lightweight and airy; super comfy for summer. Great job shopping the stash.

Catherine said...

Your jammies are so cute! Love the touches of lace.