Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 26 July 2020

Think Pink at The Sewing Place.

The Sewing Place has a Think Pink contest in July.

The Sewing Place - Think Pink

The cardigan is the Style Arc Nina.

I made some changes on my last version which worked well so this time I incorporated them into the tissue.
(Alterations  - dropped the waistline at the back round to the front. by about 1.5" at the back and .5" at the front. The waistline sits in a better place on me now. Also altered the direction of the neckband so its cut with max stretch going along the length, easier to ease and gives  great visual vertical line down the front.)

I used four different sewing machine for this (perhaps overkill!). The main seams are sewn on a standard sewing machine and then overlocked for a clean finish.
The outer edges of the collar/peplum are finished with a rolled hem done on the other overlocker and the sleeve hem is done on the coverstitch.


The Nina takes quite a lot of fabric so there was not a lot left, just enough to squeeze out a little cap sleeve tee. No real pattern used here, it is basically a slightly shaped rectangle with a neckband applied.

Here they are together as a little twinset with a necklace, could be worn with any dark trouser.

3 comments:

Cherie said...

Ruthie, love love your sweater set! And you’re right, it goes with everything!

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

Okaaaaaaaaay. I. Love. This.

I just commented on Cenetta's blog that I'm stealing her idea and copying her. Now, I am stealing your idea too! :-p

I have a cone of yarn in a beautifully heathered pinkish/beigeish colorway and was planning a sweater but now it'll be a cardigan and tee because, YES!

Let's Get Sewing said...

Really lovely makes!