Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 7 November 2020

Diagonal Stripe Tee

I had some dark navy and cream striped fabric, which I overdyed with Tulip red.

I wanted to do something different than the classic horizontal striped tee, so folded the fabric on the diagonal and cut all the pieces out like that. I treated the diagonal fold as the new grain line, cutting the front, back and neckband on that fold and the sleeves parallel to it.


here's the front
and the back

For the pattern I again used a mash up of the sleeve from Simplicity 8375 and the body and neckline from Simplicity 8376.


It is quite fun, but perhaps would have been better with the neckband on the cross grain.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Looks lovely. I’ve always been tempted to play with stripes that way but was nervous about losing too much of the stretch (and theses days I need all the stretch I can get!) Karen

Cennetta said...

Ruthie, I love this diagonal stripe tee. ;-)

Carol in Denver said...

Excellent top! I'm sure it will be fun to wear.