Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 10 February 2023

Denim utility gilet

 Here's my latest make, I'll call it a gilet.


The fabric was pulled from the fabric boxes, I've had it for more than 10 years. It's a denim woven with dark indigo and a cream (natural undyed) cotton. This is the back of the fabric which shows more of the cream coloured threads. The combination reads as an olive green, and I used olive green thread to sew it up.



The pattern I used is New Look 6815. As this is more of a shirt/dress pattern I sized up for the gilet as I want to wear it over other things.

My version most closely resembles View C, but I added the pockets from Views A/B as well as the pockets from View D.

I originally cut the length for View C as well, but realised this would hang below my lightweight raincoat if I wore them together, so shortened it by 2 inches and moved the lower pockets up a bit. I omitted the belt.

I didn't make any other alterations and the fit seems to be quite good

No comments: