Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 12 October 2023

Personalised Backpack

I had a plain black rucksack, bought cheaply one back-to-school season. I decided I would like to embellish it a little.

I used three things

- a length of upholstery braid in olive and pink

- a length of ribbon in olive

- an embroidered patch of an elephant in olive

First I stitched the braid around the top of the backpack and the hanging loop. I used the remaining braid with the olive ribbon to make zipper pulls for the 2 top zippers and the zipper on the pocket.



Next I interfaced a scrap of black variegated quilting cotton and embroidered an elephant motif using my embroidery machine. It took a few goes to get it right.


I then finished the edges and turned them under to create a patch.


I then stitched this onto the rucksack. I decided to leave it open at the top so it's a little extra pocket.


I'm much happier with my personalised rucksack!

No comments: