Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 27 May 2024

Emerald Green - ideas for bringing in a specific colour to your wardrobe - Part 7 : repurpose RTW

Emerald Green - ideas for bringing in a specific colour to your wardrobe - Part 7 : repurpose RTW

I discovered I had this plain RTW t shirt in the perfect colour, only I'd managed to get a purplish stain on it in 4 places (splashes from something). So I decided some sort of simple embellishment to cover up the stains would be just the ticket.


I drew the leaves on freehand with black Sharpie pen and the veins with green Sharpie pen. I only needed 4 leaves (2 on sleeve and 2 on body) to cover the stains, but I added a few more to make a more coherent design.

Then I added a simple running stitch with toning green embroidery thread on top of the black.

I might add some more hand stitching for the veins at a later date, and we'll see how sharpie stands up to laundering!



1 comment:

Alison said...

I really like what you have done by adding the leaves... Also, it has been my experience that Sharpie tends to be fairly permanent as a fabric marking pen