Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 19 October 2008

seam allowance for Multisnit

I used the option on the Fjoelner website for them to email you a translation, and even though it is late on a Sunday evening, got a reply back already!

[quote]All patterns parts should be cut with ca. one half inch seam (i.e. one half inch should be added). At the end of sleaves and pant legs one should add ca. 1 inch so adjustments can be made later.
If side seams are to be pressed together and finished off with a slit, it is recommended to add ca. 1 inch (2-3 cm) of seam when cutting.[/quote]

So the ends of the sleeves and pant legs sounds like hems. So I guess I add 1/2" on normal edges, 1" on hems, and 1" if I want to have a side slit.

I will say that the customer service from Fjoelner has been excellent.

No comments: