Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 5 December 2011

Sparkle dress

I need to level off the hem, but I don't think I shall coverhem as the stars are a bit lumpy for seams, so I shall leave raw or at most serge the edges.
To make this work the cowl collar and the back are in a contrast black and silver mesh. I needed something soft for the collar and the fabric wasn't really wide enough for a front and a back. So I chose front and sleeves.
The fabrics are slightly sheer, more obvious on the back, so I will wear with a slip, or opaque tights and a cami.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Looks great for a lovely dress for Christmas parties. I like the stars on this dress.

Jenni said...

Wow. That was quick. Very nice dress and just perfect for the party season.

Kathryn, aka fzxdoc said...

Nice sparkly dress, Ruthie! I like the cowl in a different fabric. Good choices for both. Have fun at your Xmas parties.

Janis said...

So pretty, Ruthie.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I think everyone should have a sparkly dress or two. :)