Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 19 December 2014

Baby Trousers

** disclaimer -  I did not knit the cute little cardigans **
Ok so the adorable little cardigans were knitted by the lady on the next stall to me at the church Christmas Craft Fair, and I bought them off her. I can't knit very well and don't particularly feel the inclination to learn so this was a win-win for both of us.
I did however want to add a little something of my own making to the gifts and decided that given the shortage of time before the goodies needed posting, it needed to be something very quick and simple. So after a quick saunter through the fabric and pattern stashes I decided to use the pants from Simplicity 7807 in size newborn for the smaller baby and in small for the next baby. I used white thread throughout and the hems are sewn on the coverhem.
The striped fabric is a linen jersey and the plain blue a cotton jersey, so both will hopefully be nice for the babies to wear. I have no idea on the sizes of actual babies and have not had the joy of meeting either of them in person, so I hope I have got it about right.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

awwww, so cute. I am sure they will be very much appreciated by the recipients and the new owners of the outfits will look lovely in them.

RhondaBuss said...

The little sweaters are so sweet, but your addition of the pants makes them perfect!