Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 27 December 2019

SWAP 2020 black quilted coat

SWAP 2020 has started, and although I didn't manage anything in the gap between the rules being announced and Christmas (where one garment can be sewn), I have now cut out my first project.

I'm using Simplicity 8467, though I don't have the corresponding issue of Threads. I'm using the pattern more as a starting point for my own thing so that's not a big concern.
 The front, collar and hood are all one piece.
I've cut my version out of this pre-quilted fabric (without the fold backs) and will bind the edges.
I've also cut mine 12" longer so it falls more to a midi length.
I've not decided on closures yet, but like the idea of toggles, frog closures etc.
My quilted fabric is quite slippery so without closures I think it may tend to slip off.

There's some fabric left so I'm now thinking about another item from the rest of the fabric, perhaps a Gilet or Kimono.

1 comment:

bbarna said...

Love the coat pattern. I am looking forward to seeing the finished results. You have inspired me to continue on with my travel wardrobe for 2020. We are booked for 3 weeks in Europe, including a cycling trip. I am working on a navy as neutral, white, turquoise and magenta wardrobe that must fit in a carryon and must include cycling clothes. Too much? It remains to be seen, but all your swaps have assisted with the planning. I have never traveled like this before, just spent summers camping and cycling in western Canada, and one long ago 4 day holiday in Los Vegas. This is my bucket list trip, and we will be doing a variety of things in the spring weather of Germany and surrounding countries.
All the best in the new year and happy sewing.
Barb