Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 18 June 2020

Navy basic trousers and culottes

These two pieces are useful but boring, both cut from the same fabric a dark navy with a little stretch.
I have 1.7 metres of the fabric left so may end up with some capris as well.

First up plain trousers from New Look 6216, my current TNT.



Then culottes adapted from the culottes in Butterick 6947. I used my adapted crotch curve and added a full waistband to give a better fit for me.

These have come out quite skirt like which should be comfortable in warmer weather.

I like culottes but they are sometimes hard to style, so here's some ideas I found online.
This one keeps it simple with trainers a tee and casual jacket.

Here in a print dressed up with heels.

And with block heeled sandals in fiery red.



2 comments:

Martha said...

I love the culottes. Are they knee length?

SewRuthie said...

No the culottes are midi length (33" or thereabouts)