Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 18 August 2023

Floral Shirt

 


Here's my latest finished project, a floral shirt with oversized pockets, collar and cuffs, giving it a slight 70s feel.

The fabric is a floral cotton lawn in shades of green and pink which came from Auntie Joy's stash. It was a very odd shape with a large rectangle cut from one end and an irregular diagonal the other. So I did need to cut some parts single layer. The collar, cuffs and pockets were cut from the remaining scraps and I managed to find a dozen suitable shirt buttons in the drawer.

For the pattern I used the shirtdress pattern from Prima March 2020 cut down to shirt length. I added a wider cuff, a bound placket and a couple of pleats. The pockets were adapted from Simplicity 4231.




Its a fun project using things I already had.

1 comment:

Helenchaffin said...

I luv it! I haven't made a buttonhole in 30 yrs lol but I want to get back to making things with buttons ,a friend gave me a vintage dress pattern that buttons from top to bottom,she said if I couldn't make a buttonhole by the time I got to the bottom to just forget it🤣