Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 14 September 2023

Adding a hidden pocket to shorts

I'd previously sewn these shorts in March 2022 and wore them lots. 


They were nearly perfect except for 2 things - no zipped pocket and no belt loops.

I had some leftover fabric so decided to fix these issues.


First I made a pocket with a zip and a single layer of fabric above.

I then stitched this to the seam allowance of the waistband, with the zip towards the shorts. To use it, just flip it to the outside and the zip opening is at the top of the waistband.

I also added belt loops so a belt can be worn to keep the shorts up when the pockets are loaded.

I'm really pleased with these updates

2 comments:

Dawn said...

The pocket is very clever.

SewRuthie said...

I've brought them with me on holiday and it has been super useful to have the pocket