Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 2 September 2023

Embroidered tote bag

 In June we had a family craft zoom session. My aunt sent each of us a plain cotton tote bag to embellish as we wished.

My aunt hand embroidered her bag. My mum took her bag apart and sewed on a patchwork block. One cousin drew freehand on her bag whilst the other stencilled a design. I decided to machine embroider, so took my bag apart, interfaced one side and during the session embroidered the central paisley.

It looked a bit lonely (and was off centre, even though the hoop was centred) so I added the celtic style animals and then the tiny motifs. I'm not entirely happy with it so parked it for a bit.

Yesterday I interfaced the back for balance, made a lining with some pockets and sewed the bag back up.


At least it is done now

No comments: