Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 9 September 2024

Skirt for a dress look

When sorting fabric, I found some more fabric the same as I'd used for the lining on this top

So thought if I used it to make a simple double layer skirt (its very thin) I could wear the two together as a dress look.

As with the purple jersey skirt I used the back pattern piece from OOP Simplicity 4016 in the longer length. I cut it out 4 times and made two skirts which I stitched together at the top, then added a simple casing and elastic waistband.

The hems are finished with the overlocker in rolled hem mode, which has given a subtle but pretty lettuce edging.

I'm not one for big frills or ruffles generally but a little is a nice little feminine detail.




And here they are together with a purchased belt

No comments: