Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 20 July 2024

Navy lace top

 


By careful cutting I was able to get a navy lace top for me out of the stretch lace and fine jersey knit fabrics I used for my friend's dress.

I used my TNT knit top pattern - New Look 6735 - I cut the front back and sleeves in lace, using the finished edge of the lace as the hem. Then I cut the front and back again from the fine knit and used it to make a lining for the body section. I finished the lining with a rolled hem.

I omitted the neckband, instead cutting the neckline slightly higher, then stitched some narrow elastic into the seam once the lining and body were sewn together.




1 comment:

Helenchaffin said...

A beautiful job! Lace is one of those things I haven't tackled yet or should I say brave enough to tackle 🤣