Continuing with the Canadian 'Red' inspiration I've up-cycled a tee I bought on the discount rail of a local charity shop.
The original top was very straight in the body and a very large size. I cut the sleeves off and up the sides, leaving the shoulders, neckline and hem intact.
I recut the body to be more shaped and a better fit for my pear shape. I unpicked the double layer balloon sleeves, hemmed the outer eyelet layer and reinserted them as gathered sleeves, discarding the plain red cotton sleeve linings.
I didn't manage to find if I'd taken a before photo, but did find it on the retailers website (in a smaller size) see below.
In reality the sleeves stuck out from the body a lot more!This is a summer only top as it's very hard to get any normal layer over the sleeves.


No comments:
Post a Comment