Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 26 October 2019

Inspired by.... contest - 1.10. - 31.10.2019 on The Sewing Place

Over on the Sewing Place, there is a contest called 'Inspired by'.
Did you see something on the internet/in a shop widow/in a magazine/anywhere really...you can’t get out of your head. Can’t find it in your colour, price group, shape, size? It might be a dominating detail you’d like to recreate, it might be a whole outfit. If the answer is yes, this is the contest for you.
For a long time I didn't think this was a contest for me so just carried on sewing my SWAKOP pieces.
However inspiration has struck, in the form of tops with a woven silk front and jersey back.
Here's a few inspiration pieces.

I thought I'd give a new pattern* a try with some slightly less expensive fabric of a similar drape, before cutting into my silk print.
(* I love my TNT patterns but want to extend my repertoire slightly.)


I'm trying top A in size L. The pattern does warn that this is sized for stretch knits only, but that's why I'm going to try it first! I'm going for something like the emerald green style above where the whole of the front is the woven, and the whole of the back a knit.

Peggy Sagers has a video on this idea which looks to work quite well.

My test version is in a burgundy print with a plain burgundy back, see if it works!

2 comments:

Carol in Denver said...

Oh, I'm eager to see the new shirt you make! I've been toying with this idea for years.

Doctor T Designs said...

This is such a fun idea! Love your inspiration tops and can't wait to see what you come up with.