Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 18 April 2020

Black Jaquard cardigan

I think this is going to be the last black piece, as I've done a full 6 PAC now and I think sewing colours would feel more cheery.

The fabric is a double layer Jacquard knit. I cut with nap so the knitted pattern goes the same direction on all the pieces. 
I like to have some texture in my fabrics so this is great because its a plain colour but has the texture I like.
This is the front and back together, you can see the pattern better on the back.

I used the cardigan from Wendy Ward's book 'Sewing with Knits'. I made the middle length, lengthened slightly.
I find the giant pockets bag out a bit, so I stitch the edges of the top closed, leaving a 6" gap in the middle to get your hand in.


2 comments:

Let's Get Sewing said...

I really like the textured fabric, it's perfect for a cardigan.

Abbey Sews said...

This is lovely. I really like the black suite you have been making. Very stylish and of course versatile. Thank you for sharing. Abbey