Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 6 December 2020

Plans for my 2021 "Ready for Anything" Capsule wardrobe

I've been thinking about what I'd like to sew a capsule wardrobe that helps me to be ready for anything that may come in 2021.


3 Plain dark bottoms - leggings, casual trousers, smart trousers

1 Simple dark coloured dress

4 tops - smart blouse, workout top, 2 long sleeved tees

3 layers - sweatshirt or hoody,  cardigan and jacket


My current colour theme is charcoal and warm pink with some black.


I had a look through my fabric stash and came up with some options

The key fabric for the scheme is some charcoal woven fabric with what seems like coral pink and off white variegated threads through it, I think this will be some sort of jacket.

Next I have a charcoal pinstripe that will be trousers.

Black ponte for a dress, black stretch woven for outdoor trousers and black super stretchy fabric for leggings. (I think the leggings could have a pink stripe down the leg)

Blush pink sweater knit for a cardigan.

Grey and pink jersey for knit tops.

Coral pink and off white fabric for floaty blouses.

Grey fleece for a sweatshirt, or perhaps a simple rain jacket from flamingo print fabric (I couldn't resist!).

One garment can be sewn up before the start date, perhaps the leggings with the pink stripe?

Here's what that might look like



5 comments:

Catherine said...

Another exciting capsule. Love the colors you're using.

Audrey said...

Interesting color blocking in this capsule wardrobe. So fun!

Carol in Denver said...

I like that concept: "Ready for Anything." This wardrobe will be fun to make & wear!

Sharon said...

Your idea of “ready for anything” has been repeating in my head since I saw it on Stitchers Guild. Great outfits and look forward to seeing them come to life.

kbenco said...

This is a very different colour capsule for you - I am very interested to see what you make with it.