Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 30 October 2021

Autumn Collection - starting with three pieces

It seems ages since I did one of my seasonal collections, so here goes with Autumn 2021.

The colour palette for this is dark brown, pink and ivory.

Bottoms - these will be trousers with an elasticated waist and lots of pockets.

Dark and slightly lighter brown strips with a pink pinstripe. It is printed onto the fabric rather than woven in and has some crosswise stretch.

I have 3.2 metres of 160cm wide fabric, which I seem to have bought 10+ years ago from Abakhan Fabrics, probably from the Mostyn, North Wales shop, but possibly from Manchester or Preston.

Top - simple scoop necked jersey top.

Pink background fabric with lovely blossom print. Stretch in both directions.
There is just 2 metres of 150cm wide fabric which I bought locally when I lived in Chesterfield, probably from the stall on the open air market, sometime pre pandemic.


Layer - woven coatigan
This is a blanket style fabric in dark brown, a lighter brown and cream. I've already overlocked the edges and washed it, so it is ready to go. Will definitely have big pockets and be of a reasonable length.

2.1 metres of  135cm wide fabric from deep stash, so maybe another old Abakhan buy.

1 comment:

Marosie said...

Always like to see your collections! Glad to see you are doing some for Autumn 2021.