Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 31 October 2021

Trousers with lots of pockets

I like pockets in my trousers (pants) and notice that I pick some of my self sewn trousers over others because of the pockets. I also like stretch woven fabric over other fabrications.

I don't actually have a pattern which has all the attributes I would like, but I thought I could add extra pockets to a simpler style like my old favourite New Look 6216.

I'll make the pockets on the pattern have a smaller opening and a larger pocket (as I did on the black pair), and perhaps try adding a cargo pocket on the leg and/or back pockets as well.

2 comments:

CAN I said...

I add pockets of all kinds to my pants. I have learned (the hard way) to pay attention to where the cargo pocket sits… I put them either across the side seam but favoring more picket to the back, or inserted into the side seam and then appears only on the back leg, under the curve of my hip. I have put them way too low many times, which then had to be corrected so I am not bending over to reach my own pocket. Best wishes on finding the style(s) that work for you!

BarbaraShowell said...

I love this style too. Scrub pants/jammie pants easy tie with some elastic in that drawband and heck yes, perfect pockets! Enjoy your new trousers!