Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 7 January 2022

2022 Using what I already have

I moved twice last year and it is clear how much of something you have when it gets packed into bags and boxes and stored. It turns out that I have plenty of fabric and lots of clothing.

I think that 2022 is going to be a year of using what I have. Ruth's Sewing and Craft Resource Centre is quite well stocked!

So whilst I will still sew clothing I'll probably not be doing quite so many collections / capsules / SWAPs / 6PACs every year.

I'll try to put alterations and repairs a bit higher up my list and donate wearable garments that don't work for me. I'm also going to sew some housewife pillowcases, cushion covers, slippers and other random bits and pieces.

Today's project is 

Slipper Tutorial

Which is a free pattern, but I think only in the equiv to UK size 7.5 which is a bit too big for me.

This pair is a bit of a test to learn the instructions but the brown fabric was not a good choice.




1 comment:

Jos van KloskaCreAtief! said...

Love your slippers!
2022 will be my UWYH year as well, when I put all your fabric and patterns together I realized I have soooo much....