Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Ivory blouse with tie





I thought New Look 6225 was worth another try. I found my previous version was rather plain, and a bit too open at the neck.

I lengthened the sleeves by about 1.25".

I cut the bias neckband 2 inches wide, shortened it by about 4 inches (compared to the original pattern piece) and then quartered it and attached it more like a knit neckband. For the cuffs I again cut 2" wide bias pieces, this time slightly shorter than the sleeve width, I slightly gathered the bottom of the sleeve and then attached it to the longer band (compared to the pattern piece), then ran elastic through the casing and stitched up the sleeve seam.

I also added shoulder tabs stitched down with a button, and a bias tab at the back neck.

I used the remainder of the 2 yard piece to cut a sort of sash with pointed ends which can be used as tie at the neck (either through the loops, or not) or as a belt.

I think the neckline is a little problematic in this pattern, I think I'll add some back neckline darts to my next version.

No comments: