Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 3 September 2022

Burgundy Jeans


Updated to show me wearing them



I don't know why I waited so long, but I've just finished a pair of Mountain View Jeans in a distressed burgundy stretch denim. It is a lovely soft fabric with 25% stretch and the resulting jeans are really comfortable.

The pattern used is the Itch to Stitch Mountain View Pull-on Jeans.

I made the size 16. To accommodate my large derriere and long back rise I made a few alterations to the back.
1. Extended the back crotch by 3/8"
2. Added a 5/8" wedge in the centre of the back rise
3. Reshaped the back crotch into more of an L shape with a little scooping.
4. Added 3/8" to the top of the back yoke.

Each change was small so as to avoid distortion, but the resulting jeans are really comfortable for me.

I cut the pockets from the same fabric and used two reels of thread threaded as one in a Jeans needle for the topstitching. I have two sewing machines, so used one for the topstitching and the other for the normal sewing. All the thread was a slightly darker burgundy, so the topstitching details are quite subtle.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I’ve been considering that pattern for a while. Your burgundy pair may push me into ordering it. Very nice! Karen

Hen said...

Nice pants and nice to see you wearing them! It looks like this pattern could be for me, too. Hen