Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 16 November 2022

Black stretch jeans

These are the Mountain View jeans from Itch to Stitch. I made the alterations I needed to the pattern paper on my last pair so I was able to just cut and sew these ones.



The fabric is a thin black stretch denim from my 'Resource Centre'. I used silver grey thread for the topstitching bar tacks and embroidery on the back pockets. 

The front pockets are cut from some fabric I had from AuntieJ's stash which seemed to work well for these jeans.

Once I'd cut out the main pattern pieces, I interfaced the back of some of the offcuts and did a snowflake embroidery (downloaded for free from Kreative Kiwi)


I added silver star shaped sequins round the edges of the embroidery secured with a silvery seed bead. In the centre I put a round sequin again secured by a seed bead. Time and wear will show if the star shaped sequins catch on things or are alright.


Here I'm wearing them with the grey Style Arc Molly top I made in 2020


3 comments:

Caroline Beckenhaupt said...

That is a very nice outfit. Love the pocket embroidery.

Lisa Laree said...

You are rocking those jeans! They look terrific!

Doctor T Designs said...

Fantastic!