Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 31 March 2023

Teal buttoned front shirt

 

Here's my latest teal project, a classic shirt. The pattern is from Prima Magazine November 2013.

The shirt is as per the pattern with two exceptions. Firstly I altered the back yoke piece to accommodate my high round back and secondly I replaced the continuous plackets on the sleeves with my first ever tower plackets.

The pattern has two views, a shirt or a tunic. I made the shirt.

The fabric is a mystery fabric from deep stash. Unfortunately it had a high polyester content (or is totally polyester) so frayed a lot and was difficult to get crisp pressing. I'm pleased with the pattern and would definitely make it again in future.
The buttons were also from stash, really nice to find enough of the same button for a whole shirt :-)

This is the "shirt with a tower placket" goal from my WIPGO board.

2 comments:

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

Great Looking Shirt, Ruthie!

Lisa Laree said...

Woot!!! Great placket!! I think that, for all they're fiddly, they're easier to make look good than that crazy continuous lap...good job!