Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 23 December 2023

Christmas Shirt


I made myself a special shirt to wear for Christmas events. It's made from 8 different Christmas themed fabrics, 2 which I bought this year but the others all came from Auntie Joy's stash.

The back is a green Christmas tree print.
The buttons alternate between red and green to reflect the mixed nature of the shirt. The shirt buttons all the way up, but I'll probably always wear it with the top two buttons undone.

I was careful when cutting out to flip the pattern pieces over to get a left and right for the fronts and sleeves.

One cute scrap was perfect for the cuffs, and I echoed the heart detail with heart buttons.

The pattern is Prima March 2020 cut off to blouse length. I've also added a continuous placket for the opening rather than using the sleeve seam.


2 comments:

Doctor T Designs said...

Cute!

theresa said...

Cute shirt. I did that a few years ago to use up some Christmas fabric that was never going to get made up into a quilt.