Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 2 January 2014

What I'm planning for 2014

I'm not going to review the 5 best garments from last year, or analyse the statistics of my sewing projects because frankly I'd rather spend the time sewing. If you were looking for that sort of stuff then sorry!

Other sewing bloggers are also writing their creative goals for next year. I suppose I do have some of those. Mine are
- complete the Stitchers Guild SWAP 2014
- paint an abstract cirlces canvas in the style of Damien Hirst (I'm not a fan of the preserved animals, but did like the coloured circles on a white background I saw in an exhibition yesterday.)
- reduce the stash by sewing items for charity craft fayres, my home/wardrobe or give unusable fabric away to the charity shop.
- sew things appropriate for work e.g. soft jackets, tailored trousers, work blouses and work dresses.

That's really about it on the sewing/creative front as I really need to focus more on my life goals which are

- pass the probationary period in my new job and be confirmed as permanent
- declutter my stuff
- manage my finances and keep the paperwork under control
- buy a little house and move into it, and get it to feel like home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your goals - they are all great and should be achievable. :)

Jane said...

found your blog by chance, good luck with your Stitchers Guild and happy 2014

Ann said...

Good luck with your goals. I am spending the year exploring.

Linda T said...

Sound like good, reasonable goals for the year. Good luck with all of them. Most of all, enjoy your stitching!

Sharon said...

Happy New Year and your goals sound very achievable. Look forward to seeing what you sew this year.