Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Sew not buy in 2018

I came across this challenge and liked it.

http://goodbyevalentino.com/invitation-2/

What exactly is the Ready To Wear Fast?
The Ready to Wear Fast is a vow to abstain from buying clothes for one year. You will give up buying clothes from January 1 – December 31, 2018.  You may sew anything, and you may fabric shop as much as you would like!  The purpose is to Save Money and Improve Your Sewing Skills, but believe me, the rewards of the commitment will exceed your expectations.


I will generally try to sew from my large stash as I think that would be the wisest use of resources.
And I think I should be OK sticking to the rules. Even without a lot of sewing, I would still be able to get dressed for work, travel/walking, weekend etc for what I currently have, and some extra sewn stuff would add some nice variety.

I'm currently really enjoying Teal and Turquoise so I think I'll be sewing a few more pieces.

No comments: