Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 27 March 2019

ReP-A-R-E (RePurposing, Alterations, Repairs and Embellishments) #11

ReP-A-R-E (RePurposing, Alterations, Repairs and Embellishments) #11 is some pattern weights (one and a half dozen seemed enough).
Each one is made from a rectangle of cotton fabric, 20cm x 10cm (8" x 4"), fold in half, stitch 2 sides closed and snip the corner off. Turn through, fill with rice and close with the side seam to the centre of the opposite side forming a pyramid.
The fabric I have used here is "Greenwood" from Arthur Sanderson & Sons made in 2004. I have a remnant of it from an unknown source. It is a cream background with blue, green and white leaves and very pretty. For the pattern weights I've ignored the print direction.

The 'leaf' is my favourite motif and so I often buy leaf print fabrics.

2 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

These are so adorable!

Anne said...

These are great. At first I thought that your photo showed just 3 weights and I wondered how on earth you had made them!!