Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 31 August 2022

Dark Olive Raincoat

Dark olive raincoat made as the 5th piece for my PR mini wardrobe.


Sewing pattern included for subscribers in the UK women's monthly magazine Prima.
This pattern was included with the November 2016 magazine.
The pattern is printed on both sides of the paper and in this cased I traced the entire pattern, plus drafted some extra pieces for the front and back flaps and the lining.




I used Raincoat fabric. Which was quite a pain as it didn't press well and made inserting the sleeves a real challenge.
I'm pleased with the result, but found making this coat quite hard going.



3 comments:

Alison said...

Ruthie, your new raincoat looks wonderful, and will surely be a very useful addition to your wardrobe! I have been putting off starting on my own raincoat project, for fear about the difficulty of the fabric, but you are inspiring me to be brave.

Lisa Laree said...

That's a great coat!! I made a trench back in 2014 and it gets worn more in the southern-states climate than any other coat I own, I do believe. Enjoy yours!

SewRuthie said...

Alison, it was harder to work with than some other fabrics but not really terrible. The thing I found most tricky was setting in the sleeves whilst I also had all the layers from the flaps. Traditional trench coats have raglan sleeves which definitely be easier to sew, but I find the shoulders harder to fit.