Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 1 January 2023

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!


I've had a bit of a think and come up with my goals for 2023, let's see how I do with them!


 Make 9 Goals 2023


1. A wearable bra.

2. A black wool coat with welt pockets and lining.

3. A pair of classic trousers with a front fly zip.

4. A boiled wool jacket with lapped seams.

5. A shirt with a tower placket on the sleeve.

6. A silk blouse.

7. A bag that’s not just a tote.

8. A travel waistcoat with lots of pockets.

9. Waterproof over trousers that fit well.


2022 has been the year I have sewn the most garments for myself. Lots of those were quick and easy projects and my wardrobes and drawers are now pretty full. So for 2023 I would like to change the emphasis of my clothing sewing to more complex items with new techniques.

I have the fabric or pattern for many of these already, so let's see if I'm up to the challenge!

I'd also like to work on the Sparkling Stars Quilt designed by Iminei at The Sewing Place.

I've been gathering supplies for this as well and would like to complete it during 2023.

I think I'd like to sew along with SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) as well, and hope to have more news on that at some point.

2 comments:

L said...

Wait. How did I miss the quilt coat?!?! I am not a quilter at all, but I LOVE that coat!! The placement of the panels is divine. Way to go, Ruthie!

I'll join you on making a black wool coat with all the fixings. That's been in my sewing queue for many, many years.

Happy new year!

L said...

Oops. I think I posted twice. If so, feel free to delete the duplicate and this message. =)