Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 31 December 2022

2022 In Review - Part 2: July to December

 The pace gathered further in the second half of the year

July

I started July with a quilting challenge based on tiles - I made mine into a tote bag


I then started sewing for the summer, starting with my favourite summer piece, this 3/4 sleeve floral print cotton lawn shirt. This was worn a lot over the summer and the colours in it became the colour palette for my summer capsule.


The navy pieces


And a few hot weather pieces (off capsule in desperation!)

- bright batik trousers worn with a navy tee (worn lots)

- 3/4 aqua PJ trs (worn lots)

- full length floral trousers - cotton twill a bit too warm

- yellow floral culottes - worn with a blue tee (worn lots)

- white shorts with a blue stripe - worn occasionally

- blue chambray PJ shorts (worn lots)


And a folding sitting mat


August

In August I worked on the grey green items in my summer wardrobe, a couple of burgundy pieces, a couple of ivory pieces and the trenchcoat and hat. It was a very productive month for me, in part because of the mini wardrobe and stash busting contests on PR



September

Throughout September I continued with the PR stash contest, making this the most prolific month of 2022.


October

The 2 month PR stash contest ended in mid October, but only after lots more pieces were sewn in Burgundy, Cream and Black.



Then the pace slackened off a bit with a couple of pairs of Monsal lounge pants and some more tops.


I finished off the month by turning my first quilt into a quilted jacket.


November

In November I started working on more festive items


December 

Continuing that theme into December with some more felt decorations, felt cases, stretch cord jeans plus two pairs of jeans reworked to fit me now.


Wow it has been a busy year!