Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 31 December 2022

2022 In Review - Part 1: Jan-Jun

I think that 2022 was the year that I sewed the most, but as I don't keep detailed stats its hard to prove that!

I blogged nearly everything and did a few side bar links so we can get a reasonably good idea.

My theme in 2022 was using what I already had and I mostly stuck with it.

January

I started out by finishing a Christmas project which didn't quite make it in time, it was admired this Christmas though. Its a cushion cover, but is based on https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/christmas-tree-wall-hanging


I then went on to sew a mini capsule in Chocolate and Rose


Then two rag dolls, one for me (a UFO from 2007) and another for a friend.

I then went back to garment sewing - A pink top with contrast bands
A red top and dress

February
In February I had great fun making a multi fabric shirt, which has been worn quite a lot
And a linen dress and shrug which haven't been worn at all! 
The dress was my version of one I helped a friend to sew for herself, so probably not really my style.
And the shrug was an attempt to make a coverup as I didn't like it sleeveless.

March
In March I bought a new pattern, the Itch to Stitch Mountain View jeans. I made multiple versions tweaking the fit and the resulting blue jeans have been my most worn garment this year, they look better on me than flat like this.
I donated all my old RTW jeans (which I didn't wear because they were not very comfortable). A real success!

I also made some tan stretch woven shorts



April

April was dedicated to undies and nightwear

These turned out to be more used in the colder weather, with the PJs worn the most.

May
In May I upcycled some shirts by replacing the too tight/too short sleeves with new contrast ones.
The last one was my favourite, the embroidered sleeves just make it sing.

I then worked on a dress for Queen Elizabeth's Platinum Jubilee
And upcycled old curtains from the previous house to be a futon cover and cushions for my sewing room.


June
In June I made myself some camo joggers and top - a quick project!
and then moved on to a patchwork denim jacket
I love this but wish I'd made the pockets a bit bigger, maybe I'll redo them!
I also reworked some old me made jeans which I didn't blog

There's so much more I think we'll need another post, so I'll be back in a bit!

No comments: