Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 21 March 2009

Janome MemoryCraft 200E

Today I took my saved up Christmas/Birthday/Hobby money and went and bought myself a Janome Memory Craft 200E, and entry level embroidery machine.
I just embroidered a butterfly in shades of teal on black denim. I am going to try and do another one just the same, and then try and make some wide leg jeans with the embroideries used on the back pockets.

DH was very impressed with the quality, and because I already have a Janome Memory Craft 6000 (an older sewing machine that does mini embroideries the width of the zig zag stitch) which has the same thread paths, bobbin winding, similar needle threader etc etc I found it easy to pick up how to use it.
I got the dealer ([url]http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/[/url]) to demo for me, and it also comes with a 1/2 hr CD which I watched before sewing anything.

So its been a good experience so far.

I know I have to be careful to not become one of those sewing ladies with twee embroideries on everything, but the shades of teal on black does seem quite elegant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky spud! Happy Hobby/Christmas/Birthday.
When I got my Janome 9000 from Jaycotts in Chester(many moons ago now) a customer who had one came in while Mr Jaycott was demoing and "helped" him explain how easy it was to use - she practically undressed her husband in the process of proudly showing me her handiwork! I swear she'd managed to embroider every single item of clothing the poor man was wearing (although mercifully I was spared the socks and y fronts). Those machines are loads of fun but I think you'd be hard pressed to become that obsessed.
Enjoy!

gwensews said...

Congratulations on your new machine. There are some very elegant embroideries. I love tone on tone--it's subtle. Enjoy experimenting!