Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 29 January 2010

Botanical Garden: Stripe Trousers

Botanical garden stripe trousers completed. They have straight legs, back zip and shaped waistband with a 2" hem with machine blind hemming. The fabric is a dark olive colour with self stripes, also in olive but which catches the light becuase the thread has a sheen.
I used a McCall's pattern - M4718 which is out of print but I bought at the Sew Today stand at the Harrogate Show.


I fancy a cream knit top from the modified Jalie wrap top with contrast leaf print edging next - that would go with the 'Amber Glow' collection which is already quite heavy on tops (most of them orange). Or perhaps I will switch to bright coral pink for a few tops for the Botanical Garden SWAP. Let's see how the fancy takes me over the weekend :-)
Only one day away, and no overnights for work this week so should get some evening sewing in. Having said that there always seems to be one evening a week working becuase something broke and I'm organising people to fix it urgently. I also have some weekend working coming up. Joy!

No comments: