Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 20 January 2013

Ooops overdone things

Whilst I was pleased with the end result of the tidying and sorting in the sewing room, I overdid things so soon after being ill and am absolutely exhausted today and had to go and have a short nap this afternoon.

As I fell asleep I was mentally planning one of my future projects which is a basic rucksack made to fit the dimensions of budget airline hand luggage.
Ryanair - 55 x 40 x 20cm.

That's a bit bigger than a normal day rucksack but a whole lot smaller than anything other than the tiniest suitcase. I'm not keen on buying a new small suitcase at the moment, so am thinking about sewing myself a bag, reusing the straps and other hardware from an old rucksack where the fabric has failed. We shall see how practical this turns out to be in reality.

Any suggestions on approach?

---------
Sherril, we're going to Valencia in Spain, hand luggage only!

5 comments:

Sherril said...

Ruthie, where are you going?

Unknown said...

How about using an old belt and quilt together some old jeans?

Jenni said...

Oh what a good idea. Sending you a link to a site I found with patterns for various backpacks/bags which might be helpful for your project... I'll send it to you by E Mail rather than linking here.

Victoria said...

Hope you feel better!!!

RhondaBuss said...

I know you can make the bag. The challenge will be to get enough clothing in it to cover your holiday away!!