Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 17 May 2009

WiaW progress - prep week

Well the prep week for WiaW(Wardrobe in a Week) is under way, I have cut out the two knit tops an extra bonus top and one of the skirts and plan to cut out the other skirt this afternoon.
Each garment is going into a ziplock bag from Lakeland to keep them tidy. I fancied a pair of trousers as well but none of the fabrics I had were the right weight and colour to work with the jacket, and I'm really trying to sew from my enormous stash rather than buying much extra new. I'm not sure its working but its a good approach.

My colouring is Clear Spring - ie a dark haired Spring, has the contrast and brightness of Winter but with a warm undertone. I am not an Autumn though so have to be careful to not get too carried away in the lovely warm browns, golds etc as these are not my best. So the WiAW is using quite a dark brown and the orange is one with lots of red in it, which works well for me, I think CMB call it Bittersweet.

1 comment:

Rhoto said...

"My colouring is Clear Spring - ie a dark haired Spring, has the contrast and brightness of Winter but with a warm undertone."
Sounds British Isles to me!! I keep getting "diagnosed" by cosmetic company gals as either warm OR cool!! I'm 1/2 English & 1/2 Irish.
A wardrobe in a WEEK!! I can't even keep up with the ironing of a week of laundry ;)!!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)