Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 5 July 2010

Sewing Whatever I Want - SWIW

Having been a keen followers of SWAP and similar wardrobe sewimg approaches I have currently gone free range and am following a programme I made up randomly called 'Sewing Whatever I Want'.

This basically consists of just making whatever I want to do next, and as long as it works with at least one thing I already own its OK. In the case of a dress that means I need to have shoes and maybe a purchased jacket etc.

Whilst this lacks the structure and drive of an online contest its quite good fun.

Currently in the pipeline is a navy blue knit top which is a fairly classic scoop neck but has a bit of ruched self fabric detail on the front. OK so I can sew whatever I want but I'm keeping it wearable and relatively tasteful.

2 comments:

Dondi said...

I have never participated in a SWAP - I always sew what I want. But this post was a lightbulb moment for me: "as long as it works with at least one thing I already own its OK". I am *so* bad about falling in love with a fabric and making an item that goes with absolutely nothing in my closet. I am adopting your rule for my future sewing.

SewRuthie said...

Dondi, its just a case of wanting to wear things i sew straight away. If they need a matching piece I'm stuck until I sew that.