Quote

Black Lives Matter

Sunday 8 January 2012

All Points Skirt Completed

Here's my version of the All Points skirt. I made a mistake cutting out and needed to add a deeper waistband with elastic so it was long enough. I also didn't like the raw edges on my fabric so serged,  turned and stitched. I think it needs a bit of a press so shall not wear tomorrow.
I love love love this ponte knit, and will probably go back and buy some more so I can make more pieces - a cardigan, dress, slim leg pull on pants, maybe leggings as well. This is the sort of stuff those travel wardrobes are made of, and at £5 per metre I need some more of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're making progress on your SWAP. Great skirt!

Seraphinalina said...

Looks like it would be a fun skirt to wear. Actually it would be a lot of fun for dancing in, I'd love to feel it swirling around.

Sherril said...

I like the added yoke. Don't tell anyone you made a mistake, you made a design opportunity!

RhondaBuss said...

What a beautiful skirt! It looks wonderful and a great save on the yoke. Wear with pride!