Quote

Black Lives Matter

Monday 15 October 2018

Burgundy Autumn Collection Top 5

As I planned I have made the wrap top from Threadcount 1502 which came with a sewing magazine (I think 'Love Sewing') but also looks a lot like McCall's 7249 (I think a rebrand of the pattern).
The wrap makes it a bit more dressy than the plainer styles, but I do like it and can imagine wearing it for a smart event with nice jewellery.
The pattern piece for the drapes has the grainline running across the body and I think this is what is causing the lower front to seem gathered underneath it. I think the pattern needs a fabric with a lot of stretch in both directions to avoid that.
Here's the Burgundy Autumn Collection with the latest piece added, just needs some bottoms!

1 comment:

Anne said...

These are great tops. Love them. I have managed to comment on your blog! Yeh! But I had to tick through about 12 screens of very poor quality images (not your issue, sadly rather common) to prove I'm not a robot. I guess I got some wrong!
I have this Threadcount pattern so I'm pleased to see your version. Looking forward to seeing your bottom halves.