Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 11 October 2018

October Fabric Purchases from Economy Fabrics

I managed to donate 4 bags of fabric and one large box of patterns via a local contact who distributes them to a school and various voluntary groups in the area. I will know now for next time!

On the back of that success, I decided it would be OK to buy a few metres of new fabric, so purchased these from Economy Fabrics.

Top left
Grey stretch woven, boring but great for comfortable but smart work suiting.

Bottom left
Dark teal blue stretch woven, again for work suiting.

Top right
Brown linen for next summer, probably trousers for those really hot days.

Bottom right
Denim blue knit for a top or cardigan.

Given I donated many times the yardage I bought I'm not going to add these to my stash shrinker spreadsheet, but I didn't add the donations either so I think that works.

Looking at these I am not really getting any wow factor, but plain fabrics like these actually turn out to be the backbone of a wardrobe, and stretch wovens in particular are really useful to have. I'm not sure they are actually 'bengaline', but they should work well for the Burda and Style Arc patterns which specify stretch wovens.



No comments: