Sunday, 18 January 2009
Turquoise Pants are done
Hems are now done on the turquoise pants. I used the blind hem foot and stitch as I am fed up of hand sewing pant hems.
They are OK but the stitch does show a little, I guess I should have practised on the curtains first!
I also cut out the turquoise jacket, though still need to do the lining.
The turquoise fabric has a black slub running through it crosswise, which I have chosen to have running up and down the garments rather than across, so I have cut everything out at right angles to the selvedges. Its worked out fine but has made the cutting out (particularly of the jacket) harder, especially as I have been trying to make the best use of my fabric, so I have a huge piece hanging off the edge of the cutting board all the time :-).
The plus is that I still have 2 metres of 150cm wide fabric left, so can make some sort of cool skirt to match the jacket as well- not sure what I am going to do. I rather fancy a self drafted waterfall skirt. I've also been cutting off the selvedge as I go because its got a pretty fringed effect from the turquoise and black threads mixed together, not sure what I'll do with it though.