Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 2 August 2018

StyleArc Nina Cardigan

I received a gift voucher for StyleArc so bought myself a bunch of PDF patterns whilst they had Christmas in July sale. I measure as a size 18 but am trying to lose some weight so I bought the 16 and got the PDFs for the 18-16-14 sizes.


I sewed it up in a charcoal grey jersey with no vertical stretch and only limited horizontal stretch. I constructed as per the pattern without alterations except an extra 1/2" added to the bicep area of the sleeve and 2" removed from the sleeve length. The fit is OK but I'd prefer the back waist to hit me at my waist so may lengthen the upper back next time tapering to nothing at the collar edge.
For the moment only the sleeves are coverhemmed with the other edges left raw. I will review that and might do a rolled hem on the Bernina overlocker if I don't like the effect after washing.
This will work well with the orphan checked trousers which are mostly dark grey.
The outfit does still need a top though....

No comments: