Quote

Black Lives Matter

Friday 27 April 2018

Current SWAP thoughts

This is my current thought about SWAP, I have a top cut out in the leaf print centre left.

Plan:
Choose two neutral colors - Brown and teal
Add one accent color and two prints - Ivory
Make at least three garments from each neutral color - Brown 3, Teal 4
Make at least one garment from each accent color- Ivory 2
Make at least one garment from each print - leaf print, swirly print
Remaining two garments may be made from any one or combination of your neutrals, accent(s) and/or print(s) - I've used up my options already
Create multiple outfits of at least two garments that work for your personal style -
Each garment must work with a minimum of two outfits - lots of options to mix and match

Optional Accessory: add one self-made accessory as a signature piece that works with at least two of  your outfits
Not currently got one, but planning a teal scarf if I can find the teal fabric with silver in it.

Rules
Sewing begins on 26 December 2017 and ends 30 April 2018 - yup
One garment may be started on 1 November 2017 and completed prior to 26 December 2017 - the teal burnout top is from 19th November
One garment may be completed prior to 1 November 2017 -none currently
One RTW garment may be included -none currently
Garments knitted, crocheted or woven by you may be included (limit of two since we are a sewing site) - don't knit, crochet or weave
Garments such as poncho, cape or wrap must include at least two pattern pieces, be one of your knitted, crocheted or woven items or have stitch work done by you to be considered a garment (otherwise it’s an accessory) - nor relevant to me
Neutrals do not need to be the same fabric, however, they do need to work together  ** - I think they do.

Guidelines (not required but recommended)
Use TNT patterns as much as possible - mostly though the wrap blouse is a new pattern
Limit the number of patterns used since Designer Collections include the same garments made in different colors/prints - yes though I've sewn more just not included them
Consider using some textured neutrals to add more interest especially if you are a print person - a little
Consider including one trend item based on your chosen season - yes have managed this my trends are
Spring 2018 Trends
- sheer fabric (in multiple garments)
I've really embraced the sheer though in a very wearable way.

These are my 4 pieces which have sheer elements (I have more but it was hard to include them).
The brown cardigan is made form a knitted cotton lace, great as a light layer.
The ivory blouse is made from broderie anglaise (eyelet).
The teal top is made from a stretch velvet burnout fabric.
The final cardigan is made from a tie dye semi sheer fabric

Fall 2017/Winter 2018 Trends 
-florals/garden prints (last knit top is leaf print)
- silver/metallic, sparkles/glitter (if I make the teal and silver scarf)

So although I've had to leave out a lot of pieces I really like how this has shaped up.
I need to
- Sew up the leaf print top
- Find the teal and silver fabric and make it into a scarf
- Take photos of everything

No comments: