Quote

Black Lives Matter

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Lace curtains - ivory leaf design

On 19th June I went to Economy fabrics my local roll end shop and bought various things including the rest of the roll of an ivory lace with a leaf design. With the 6 metres of other fabric and the 11 metres on the roll it was not helping my stash busting.
Here's a close up of the fabric showing the leaf design. I absolutely love things with a leaf, paisley or similar shape (much more than a floral).
Here are the curtains in the large front bedroom window. The dark curtains are purchased black out curtains in 'neutral' from Dunelm Mill.
The lace curtains are on a net rod I bought from the Range. These are great for light curtains as they adjust and just push into place without needing any fixings.
I liked these curtains so much I carried on and made them for the study, sewing room, landing and bathroom, using 1,2 or 3 widths depending on the width of the window. The lace has a scalloped edge which is very pretty as it follows the shape of the leaves.

All in all a great project for a couple of evenings, upstairs I have privacy (I live on an estate and the houses all overlook each other sadly) as well as light and lots of my favourite motif. Its like I have my own airy forest!

I only had a short length left, so have popped that away in the cupboard for another use.

No comments: