Quote

Black Lives Matter

Saturday 5 January 2019

Sew your Kibbe Natural - Teal Tweed Jacket Completed

My version of New look 6416 is complete.
This is probably how I would mostly wear it, slightly crossed over and belted with an open neckline.
Here I've crossed the collars over further and pinned in place with a dragonfly brooch.
Here I've tied the belt at the back and let the tails hang down, with the front very open.
There's a lot of collar there!

The fabric had two good sides, so I played with using the one with more white threads on the sleeves, belt and showing when the collar folds open, with the plainer side for the body and belt loops. Its subtle but I like it.

In the end I did a 6cm hem on the sleeves, and a chunky rolled hem (1cm) round the collar and hem sewn in one go. I omitted any pockets as the fabric has a very open weave and I felt they would pull.

4 comments:

Anthea said...

What a great piece. Lovely pairing of fabric and pattern.

Katrina Blanchalle said...

I am not surprised that you selected the perfect fabric for this pattern, and the finished product is stunning. (I might be slightly biased because teal is my favorite color.)

LyndaSewing.blogspot.com said...

It's very nice and looks to be super versatile! Great job. Enjoy.

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Love your jacket, both the pattern and your fabric choice. Such a versatile piece for your wardrobe. Great job!