Quote

Black Lives Matter

Thursday 24 January 2019

Pattern Review Sewing Bee Rounds 1 and 2

So the winner was announced

https://sewing.patternreview.com/blog?s=2495292

her entry was beautiful containing a lot of beautifully executed hand embroidery and a detailed story of her inspiration.

https://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/153281

I was also happy to see my name in the list of those who scored well enough to move on to the next round.

The next challenge is Round 2: ZIPPERS! Show us how you incorporate them not only for function but also as a creative element in any garment you create for this challenge.




I have a great many ideas in my head about this but I haven't yet distilled it in any form!
A selection here:-

If I could adapt something already in my plan that would be nice and tidy.
Trousers could have zipped pockets and zips at the ankles
Hoody could have a diagonal zip (I have a suitable Ottobre pattern) but is a bit too cardigan-y after the last round.
Anything could have loads of extra pockets
I buy and wear Craghoppers clothing for travelling. Their clothes don't always fit that well but they do have loads of pockets, I really like my culottes with hidden pockets for warm locations.
I have a Saf-T-Pockets pattern that I could use for the pocket ideas.
A jacket or coat would probably make the most statement, but the colour and zips need to show up well in photos which means probably not my dark navy suiting fabric!

3 comments:

Katrina Blanchalle said...

Wow, just looking at the collage of entries is overwhelming. I don't know how the judges managed to narrow it down.

Zippers. I think your idea of incorporating zippers into a Saf-T-Pockets type garment would be very interesting and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

CAN I said...

Peggy Sagers of Silhouette Patterns uses zip tape like piping on seam lines- might be a way to add non-functional zippers to your work. Best wishes this round!

Anne said...

Congratulations on reaching the second round. Your ides sound great and I look forward to seeing your entry. Good luck.