This cardigan was also in the recut/recycle/UFO box with the previous item. Its a size 16-18, a fairly straight cut and missing a grey button which I could not match.
I cut off the sleeves and reshaped the sleeve cap leaving the sleeve seams sewn up.
I cut open the side seams and reshaped the body to come in more at the waist (and a size smaller) and then resewed the side seams.
(The reshaping was done using pattern pieces from favourite knit tops sewing patterns, I don't do it by eye)
I then reinserted the sleeves, cut off the remaining grey buttons and replaced them with these black satin ones from my button stash.
Now I have a teal cardigan to wear. Its a little worn but has a bit more life in it yet so I am pleased with it.